Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Party like it's my birthday!

So, I got the sewing machine! Yes..So excited. My boyfriend even thought about getting me a sewing kit. Along with that were scissors and pencils and paper and books and cds and Godiva and a gift certificate to Starbucks. I'm so lucky. I found someone who truly appreciates and understands my need to be crafty. Probably because he is crafty himself. I mean the guy actually bought a better sewing machine than the one I wanted. How did I get so lucky?

35 seems so much older than 30. I don't know why, but it does. Maybe because I have had a lot of growing up to do in the past 5 years.

I feel at peace now. I feel happy. My life is safe, but yet exciting...in a simple way. And it is what I have always wanted.

For my birthday this year, I got even more than what was wrapped in pretty paper. I got the gift of reflecting on my past and seeing how far I have come.

Happy Birthday to me. The new me. Or is that the old me? I'm not so sure.

No comments: