Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Thursday, August 23, 2007

My Momma Said To Eat My Veggies!

It's been a while.

Since my last post I have gone Vegan. I saw one of those awful videos of what actually goes on before the meat gets to you and it is awful. No more meat for me. Taking off beaks, boiling birds while they are alive, injecting animals with hormones. No thanks. I'll pass.

I'm not going to be one of those preachy people. My choice is only my choice and you have the right to yours. I just believe for moral and health reasons, this is the choice for me.

It actually hasn't been that hard. The toughest thing for me is dessert. I have replaced my nighttime ice cream retreat to soy ice cream. It's ok. I'm not thrilled with it. So I am going to have to start creating my own desserts. So long, Ben! So long, Jerry!

I bought some vegan fluff. Yeah, you heard right vegan fluff. It's not bad, but it's not great. The color is weird and so is the texture. No more fluff-a-nutter sandwiches. I need a new favorite sandwich. Any suggestions?

We have tried unchicken, vegan chili, vegan jerky, vegan mac and cheese and vegan mozzerella. Interesting.

Tom has not gone vegan---yet. He is very supportive of me, thank goodness. Well, there was that one night in CVS when he was going to buy a Hershey bar and I couldn't find any chocolate without milk. I think he might have ate it in front of me. But, then he read the label and decided not to go for it. Good. I was PMS'ing and that would not have been good.

But seriously, he has been great. I think he is proud of me actually. The discipline, the determination....oh, and the even better physique! :)

Well, gotta run. We are out of "not cream cheese".

Enjoy your day,

Jenn

No comments: