Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Today Was For The Birds (literally)











I am still in awe of my morning.

We decided today would be a great day to feed the seagulls. It's cold. They're hungry. And we have too many snacks.

And I know most people aren't awed by seagulls. But I must tell you that after today, I am.

We went to a remote part of the beach, where there were no seagulls. After we started opening the food, and Tom started making some seagull call, one came. And then there was the whole seagull family.

I think it was one of the coolest moments of my life. They were everywhere. It was so dramatic. Just us, and a beach full of seagulls.

When I have moments like these, I feel so lucky. Lucky for having the chance at building a life with someone who is a free spirit. Someone who understands simple beauty and loves to laugh. Someone who laughs more, when I'm laughing. A man who is grateful for the moment.

Today was a really good day. And for this, I am thankful.

No comments: