Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Monday, January 14, 2008

Valentine's Day Rules


Hello there all you love birds.

This morning, when I was getting ready for work, I started thinking of Valentine's Day. That thought stretched out to thoughts of my old job. I used to work for a flower shop.

We used to talk about how it would be fun to write a book about some of the funny stories we were witness too. We were sure it would be a best seller.

On my drive in, I started thinking about what I would say if I were to make rules customers would have to follow,if I owned a flower shop today. It may sound humorous, but remember, these rules are based on my experience.

Rule #1-While you are buying flowers for your significant other, don't flirt with the salesperson. Try to at least ACT faithful.

Rule #2-Don't tell the sales person you want the best flowers we have and then freak out at the price. Go buy the best flowers the grocery store has. And pick up milk while your at it.

Rule #3-Try to look enthusiastic. Don't stand there with your ho-hum look because you feel forced into buying flowers. Your scowl is even bringing Cupid down.

Rule #4-No temper tantrums. Don't come in at 5pm asking for white Polo roses, with sea lavender and lemon leaf and then whine when all we have is 3 pink carnations. If your late, you get what we have. Put your big boy/girl pants on and deal with it.

Rule #5-Do not ask the sales person to write out the card for your gift. You won't like what they write. That I'm sure of.

Rule #6-Never buy flowers for your girlfriend and wife at the same time. What if the cards just happened to get mixed up? ACCIDENTALLY, of course.

P.S. I apologize if these sound geared towards men, but I can't help it, I'm a girl!

No comments: