Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

It's Not Easy Being Green, Or Being Scared To Drive...


So, last nights weather was crappy. It took me an hour and 20 minutes to get home. Needless to say, It wasn't fun.

And anyone who really knows me, knows I hate to drive. This fear has actually stolen a lot of good things from my life. There are so many things I don't do, because I am to scared to drive to them. Every place I go, is thought out before I go there.

This fear decides where I shop and where I work. Even where I get my haircut.

It's taken me till now, to be ok with it. Instead of treating it as a negative, I now, try to look at it as a postive. Kind of like when someone has a bad knee, and they run a marathon. Instead of looking at what I don't do, I look at what I do accomplish, even with this fear.

I normally don't wear a t-shirt that says, I hate to drive. It's not something to brag about. I'm really sensitive over it and embarrased.

But, Today I received an email that encouraged me to blog about it.

Gary, Tom's buddy, has no idea I hate driving. But being Tom's friend, he worries about me...and sent me this last nite. I saw this today when I came in.

"Jenn,
Thought I would let you know that It is really icy out. I saw 4 accidents on the way home. I suggest you be careful.
Peace out!"

I read this email, and started to cry. He had no idea what this would mean to me. He just knows I'm Tom's girl and worries about me. And in that, I find peace.

I see the beauty in a 20 year friendship, between Gary and Tom that has now been gifted to me. I've never seen anything like it. All of Tom's buddies are good to me.

Gary has been cool to me, from the moment I met him. The first time I went to he and his wife, Maria's, home, I felt immediately comfortable. Warm, caring and down to earth, they made me feel like family. Even their pets made me feel at home. Maria is a lot like me. She sits in her yard with her blanket on cool, summer nights. I thought I was the only chick on earth who did that!

So, basically what I am saying is, Gary you had no idea how much that email meant. How much I value my boyfriend having friends, that geniunely care. Even when they don't know I am weak. And not only does that show Gary's good heart, it tells me that Tom chooses friends that have a good heart. And that is a testament of his good character.

Jenn hates to drive. But that's ok. Because she now has people in her life, that wish her well, unconditionally.

And that, my fellow bloggers, is something I should be wearing on a t-shirt.

Peace,

Jenn

No comments: