Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Sunday, February 17, 2008

My Cousin, Kelley, Is A Rock Star!


My cousin Kelley is a rock star.

Being a rock star has it's price. She's up all night. It's hard to plan a night out. She gets calls at all hours. She doesn't get to sleep in. She can't hang out in Starbucks for hours because her paparazzi will be looking for her.

Kelley, doesn't sing in a band. Or play the guitar. Heck, I don't even think she likes Rock.

Kelley is the mother of four. And her band inspires me.

Kelley works full time, runs her household, takes care of her children, her pets and her husband and still finds time for me, her cousin in NY.

Living in Washington state, her emails make me feel like she is close by.

Since we were little, we have been close. Our "time" together is never really very long. It is usually the length of a vacation. But that doesn't matter. When we see each other, it's like we haven't missed a beat. We are still, Kelley and Jenn. Two little girls sharing the same silly Nanny.

Kelley, you are amazing. You have four beautiful girls and I admire you. Your beautiful, your kind, your giving.

So often, you remind me of your Aunt Mary.

Every morning, when I go to Starbucks, I think of you...somewhere out there...getting your coffee too. And I think, I don't know how she does it. I can barely get out of the house, with two pets.

You, my favorite cousin, are a Rock Star. The lead "singer" of the Quichocho-Day band. And this is a band that will stay on the charts forever.

Your biggest east coast fan,

Jenn

No comments: