So the Chicago Tribune is having a "Peeps" contest. C'mon, admit it. Even if you they are gross to eat, they are cute.
Peeps are on my mind because tonite I am working on my entry.
How about a little Peep trivia?
• It takes six minutes to make a marshmallow Peep.
• In 1953, it took 27 hours to make a marshmallow Peep. They had to sit out overnight.
• Then, Peeps were squeezed out of a pastry tube one at a time and the eyes were painted by hand. Now modern technology can make 3,500 Peep eyes per minute.
• One urban myth about Peeps is that their black-dot eyes are made of tar. Not true. They are made of wax. Ear wax...Just kidding.
• As many as 2-million Peeps a day are made at Just Born Inc.
• About 30 percent of Peep eaters like them stale, though Just Born wraps Peeps within six minutes to keep them fresh.
• Some people freeze Peeps. Some microwave them. There are some people who use Peeps as pizza topping. Ewwwwww!!!!
• Each Peep has 32 calories and is fat-free. A five-chick serving is 160 calories and a jolting 36 grams of sugar.
•Peeps with missing or mislocated eyes are melted down. Poor Peeps!
Ok, gotta go brush the sugar off my teeth.