Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Freedom Of Success



When we think of freedom, we think of government. We think of our country. We think of our rights. But, lately, I have been thinking about the freedom of creating my own definition of success.

A recent conversation with a stranger got me thinking about my job. Where I am going with it. Why I am there. For two nights, I doubted my perception of success. What is wrong with me? I got confused on whether or not success is a value for society to judge you, or for you to judge yourself.

And I decided, that it's all about you. If your idea of success matches the path you are on, you are successful. Success is personal. If someone says you are successful, that means you met their criteria for success, but not necessarily yours.

Are you one that succeeds?
Are your outcomes favorable?

Well, that's all up to you.

I decided from this point foward, to believe in my version of success. Because it's the only one that really matters.

I have the freedom to decide what the definition of success is for me.

Sorry Mr. Webster.

No comments: