Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Sunday, May 11, 2008

For Joan, On Mother's Day.


Dearest Joan,

I don't know how you did it.

I sit here today, with the greatest man on earth. He has the most truest heart I have ever know. There is nothing I lack in life, because of him.

And I owe it all to you.

You and I only had a few short months together...and my heart hurts because of that.

I have to tell you, when I entered your house that Christmas day, I was in awe. I had never seen such respect, adoration and love before that day. Your boys adored you. And you them. And it was immediately visible.

And I'm sure it wasn't always easy...being a single mom, in an era when being a single mom wasn't cool. But, whatever you did, however you did it, I want you to know it worked. You have three of the most amazing boys.

I feel fortunate to be part of your family. And I never, ever take a moment with your boys for granted, for I know I am the lucky one.

Ole, he is a gentleman like I have never witnessed.
Steve, makes me laugh, even days after I've seen him.

And Tom, well, he is just dreamy.

I will always be broken hearted because just when I entered your life, you were taken away from mine. I swear you would be amazed at your son. He has totally redone our home, by himself, and did it with grace and gratitude. I know your heart would smile when you came over and Tom showed you his garden.

And him going back to school, that would have surely brought you joy. And I know, you are the driving force behind him.

As I write this, I think, why am I writing this? I know, in my heart, you already know these things. For you are the reason all these wonderful things have happened. And you are watching to be sure, they continue.

Happy Mother's Day, Joan. You are a magical woman and I adore you. And I thank you for all you have given me.

Love,

Jenn

PS..Tom still tortures Taco!!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

What a beautiful tribute to someone who has touched your soul so deeply. It literally brought tears to my eyes. We should all hope we leave this imprint and impression upon someone before our years end. Very lovely and touching :)

Heidi