Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Friday, May 23, 2008

Pictures Never Lie...









Last week was not a good week for me.

After my fall...oh, did I tell you I broke my collar bone in two places? Yep, I did a really good job. Anyway, I was really down about the fall. I was in a lot of pain. I couldn't sleep in my bed. I couldn't work. Not to mention, being still shooken from the 40 mins on the front lawn.

Anyway, the point of me telling you all this is so that I can talk to you about these pictures.

Last Friday Tom was trying to make me laugh. I was on the chair, with my camera perched up so all I had to do was click and he was being silly. He was laughing, playing with Charlie, etc...And all the while I was saying, take a picture of my shoulder. Do you see how ugly it is? Isn't it gross? Why is it yellow? Yadda, yadda, yadda...

Well, today when I looked back at those photos, it brought me right back to last Friday. Only tonight, I can really see what was happening.

There was a bunch of photos to Tom and Charlie and him being silly. And then I found one of me, with a big happy grin. I know that grin. Funny thing is, it wasn't until tonight that I realized how good he is at making me grin when I'm a miserable grump. Last Friday night I was pissed off at the world, my front step and anything else I could think of. But somehow, he was able to pull a smile out of a grumpy sack. I don't know how, but he did.

And he has been doing everything around this house for almost two weeks. Vacuuming, cooking, shopping, making coffee, buying me calcium, helping me, listening to me grump, taking the slack....and he always comes through for me. Never letting me down for a second, he is a little pot of gold under a broken rainbow.

Pictures never lie. Even when my skeleton is broken, he can fix a smile on this girls face....

No comments: