Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Do You Ever Just Feel Old?


Today I feel old. I will be 36 in less than two weeks, but today I feel 10 years older. I'm pretty sure it's because I have lived through things that some people don't see until their 82.

I don't normally focus on age, but I'm afraid that this birthday I might. I'll be past the 35 year old category. You know when you fill out those surveys and they ask you how old you are? Now, I will have to check off over 35. And that is weird.

Now, I'm supposed to have a mammogram. Now it's risky to have kids(like it wasn't before).

But, what if you haven't had enough time to do the things you want to do before you are 35? Well, I guess we will wait and see.

I hope that 36 will be the year I start feeling young again. God knows getting here has not just been about blowing out candles on a birthday cake. It's about acting like the big bad wolf and blowing all your demons down.

Tom took this photo of me today while I was on a photo shoot with UZ3. I think I was giving him the Tom, do not take my picture look.

Oh, man, I am acting old. Like an old fart. Oh, but wait, I always have. Am I feeling old? Or am I just being Jenn?

Maybe it's not the age. Maybe it's me.

No comments: