Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Monday, June 23, 2008

Everyday I Wake Up To a Different Face


Well, I'm sure that drew you in.

Ok, so it's not a different guy. But it is a new face. I swear everytime I see Tom's face, it's new to me.

And I know I sound corny, but I can't help it. It's so true. I can't tell you how many times during my day that I smile thinking of that face. That face that stole my heart over the internet.

It's going to be three years this year that Match.com played Cupid for me. I can't believe it's three years, it's seems like yesterday. But, I can't believe it's three years, because I feel like I have been with him forever. It's so so strange.

Sometimes, I look at him and giggle cause he is so cute. Sometimes, he says something and I laugh because it's so funny. Sometimes, he walks across the room and I can't help but admire his walk. There are just so many things that I love about him.

Like the fact that he comes home from band on Monday nights, and always says, I'm so glad to be home. It's so good to see you. Like he has been gone for days. And I can see it in his face that he is happy. Then he thanks for me for making dinner and when he gets into bed he always says, ahhh. This feels good. I love that I know what he is going to say. And I love that everytime he says it, it feels new.

I love it when he sends me an email that says, what's for dinner. I don't know why that makes me so happy, but it does. It always makes me smile. Always.

In the morning, I love it when he reminds me not to let Charlie out when I let Taco out. Watch out for Charlie, he says. He says, he's right behind you. This has become part of the morning routine.

And I crack up every day when he sings, Ladie's Night, with me in the morning. To Taco. I don't know why Taco likes that song, but I swear he dances to it. I loved it this morning when Tom heard me singing and jumped out of the bathroom to join in. I thought about that throughout my day.

It's amazing to me that a man can do the same things every day, but yet to me, the gesture is new.

Take a look at this photo. You see that face? That's the face that says, are you ok back there? He does that face whenever we are out and he is looking for me. I swear, I smile everytime I see it. It's one of my favorite expressions. And it never gets old.

No comments: