Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Sunday, August 24, 2008

I Like It




So, I bought this little chair at least 5 years ago at a junque shop. It was really old, but full of charm.

When Tom and I decided to make our front room a studio, he bought me a desk. And one summer day, when I had nothing to do, I decided to try decoupaging that little white chair so I could use it as a funky, little desk chair.

I used magazine clippings from the 40's-70's. I also added a few beads, some lace and some paint. And then lots of polyurethane(Tom's idea). The seat was worn and old, so I decided to paint it. The paint wouldn't stick, so I primed it with a Sharpie(who knew). And then some gold paint.

Half way through, I thought about throwing it to the curb. I always get like that halfway through a project. You know, the ikky stage? But, I said no...stick with it. And I'm so glad I did.

I happy with the way it came out and it fits perfectly under my desk. While I must admit, it took me forever to complete it...it was worth the time.

No comments: