Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Happily Excited







Yesterday was a fabulous day.

It started out on a simple note. Loving up the pets. Then the library.

We love going to the library. It's free entertainment! We get books, dvds, magazines and music. We wander around and meet somewhere in the middle, right around the same time.

Then we check out our loot. Jenn usually has 8 things. Tom 1.

We came home, did our Saturday cleaning and then went to an art show. An art show that was in walking distance. My friend Mary Lou and her parter, Alena are artists. They have an adorable house by the water with an awesome view. The work was so inspiring, as so are they. It was just such a fun thing to do. It almost felt like we were somewhere else. Maybe in France. In a backyard gallery. Just simply awesome.

As we walked up to our house, I noticed something on our front step. Presents! I love presents. Charlene and Joe came over and left us two beautiful plants and an awesome card. I was laughing hysterical as I read what she wrote in the card. One line read, Tom, life will never be boring with Jenn.

Ain't that the truth!

Then I got the mail!

Oh my gosh! I was freaking out. I got the most awesome box of goodies from Karen Beth. She filled it up. Now I fill it up and send it back. It was sooo much fun to open. I always wanted to do something like this. And I am so excited about it.

The best part of the package was a rock. A rock from her driveway in Mississippi. How cool is that? Now we have a piece of Mississippi. It's sitting on my desk.

We then went to McDonald's, which we never do. Partly because I don't eat meat, so there isn't much to choose from. But mostly because it's so bad for you. But it just felt like it was a day to something crazy. So, we did. And it was bad..but so good.

When we were driving back, I said to Tom, I feel so overwhelmed from this day. The art show, the plants, Karen's box. It was just so many good things in one day. I just felt so happy about life.


It was just truly a great day.

No comments: