Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Friday, December 26, 2008

I Interrupt This Normally Scheduled Christmas Post

Because I'm upset.

Tom and I went to my friend Bill's gravesite yesterday. Still no stone. 2 years since he got hit by a train. No Stone.

It's not lack of funds.

It's not lack of people.

It's lack of people, with funds, who give a shit.

If I could afford a stone, I'd buy it.

I am going to buy something, made of stone, with his name on it. I can't take going there and seeing his plot with the original "tag" they put into the ground the day he was buried. The tag, with the letters that are coming loose because of time. The tag that makes me feel like throwing up every time I see it.

I always leave his grave feeling beaten down and worn out. That man gave so much, and asked for so little in return. When I look at his death, I see a representation of his life.

Sometimes, people truly suck.

No comments: