Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Oh, Nanny.



Oh, Nanny.

I miss you something terrible.

As Christmas Eve gets closer, you are all over my world. Food, stores, decorations, music...your everywhere.

You were Christmas Eve. You were the excitement. The reason I counted down the days till Christmas vacation.

I couldn't wait to get to your house on Christmas Eve. Candy, presents, Chipmunks singing. Lights, color and fun. You were a big kid yourself, so you made the perfect grandmother.

I think about you all the time. How you made me laugh. How we would bicker like an old married couple. And how I wish I could see you and eat with you and talk to you and laugh with you.

You were the magic in my holiday.

I feel so bittersweet at Christmas. I know the beauty of it all. But, I feel sometimes like I want to skip it. Maybe because it doesn't feel right. Or maybe it's because I can't see you. I'm not sure. I just know that I don't feel the way I used to feel about the holidays.

My tree is silver.

I look on Ebay for plastic, popcorn ornaments.

I am searching for that little silver ball that chirped like a bird that you used to have.

I have the chipmunks cd.

But, it's just not the same.


Cause, I'm missing you.


You are my #1.
xoxox
jenn

No comments: