Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Thursday, March 5, 2009

American Idol..Thoughts?

So what's your thoughts on American Idol?

I have to admit, it's the only show I watch, and quite honestly I really enjoy it.

There are times though, when I find it sad. Like last night. There are all these people whose dreams are depending on the results. I can't imagine that type of pressure. Not too mention, everyone you love and all of America is watching you. Watching your success or "failure".

And what if you do make it? What about the life you put on hold at home? Some of these people have husbands, wives and children. What happens to them? They are holding on to the life you normally live for you, while you go for your dreams. Do they feel left out? Scared of what might happen in the future? Scared of you changing?

I wonder how the Idols handle all of this mentally. It's so much all at once. Good and bad. Compliments and insults. And some of the insults are hurtful and embarrassing. Are they given help to deal with all of this?

I hope one day they write a book about the Idol's, behind the scenes. I bet it's tougher then it looks.

What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I am the only american who doesn't watch the show. I can't stomach how mean the judges are... or at least they were mean the one time I saw it.

Jenn Jorgensen said...

I used to not watch for the same reason..but then I think he has calmed down a bit.

And sometimes they are mean to him.....

It does get heartless...