Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Monday, March 29, 2010

My Rock Star


So, tomorrow morning, at 7am, Tom's band will be interviewed on WRCN. I have no idea what they are going to ask or what they are going to say, but I'm excited for him.

I always tease him and say it's a good thing we met when we did, because I couldn't deal with the rock star lifestyle. Up until 7 years ago, Tom did the band thing full time. Owned his own studio. Wrote, recorded and played. That was his world.

But, you get to a point in your life where a steady paycheck becomes a neccesity. And medical benefits aren't a luxury. And so here he is. Working a "normal" job and playing in his band, on the side.

But not as much for fun, as out of need.

That boy needs music. It's how he gets through. It's how he climbs. Moves. Learns and loves. It's his passion. His therapy. His fire. And I think that fire that moves you, makes you a good partner. Husband. Friend.

I never had a fire, until I saw his. That's why I got the bug to make stuff. Fell in love with the digital camera. Bought paint. Strung beads. I kept thinking, he's never bored. He's always happy. He knows a secret. And he did.

His secret. Find something you love. Something you can't get enough of. Something that you can't let go of. Can't separate yourself from. Something you dream about. Think about in elevators. Something you see when you close your eyes.
Find the thing you can't wait to get home to.

And now I think once you find that thing, then you can find that someone. That someone you love. Someone you can't get enough of. Something you can't let go of. Can't seperate yourself from. Someone you dream about. Think about in elevators. Someone you see when you close your eyes. Someone you can't wait to get home to.

And I truly believe that's alot of why he and I work so well together. When I met him, he was already a happy guy. He had enough of him, to share with me. And I was desperately searching for someone who wanted to share himself. Let me be part of his life. Someone who would always look at me like I was new. Someone who'd invite me in, and let me hear what his world sounded like. And that's exactly what he did.

He invited me in, and let me stay. And listen to his song.

He's taken me on a journey that I never knew existed.

A path of simplicity, passion and peace.

And for this, I thank the music. Who makes the boy who he is. A man that showed me that if I have passion, I have happiness.

No matter what happens, he's a rock star. My rock star. And I'll follow his music wherever it may lead me.

No comments: