Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sometimes


My Mom always says everything happens for a reason. I disagree and say sometimes things happen for a reason. Some things that happen, I just don't see a reason for, no matter how hard I try.

But, this is one of those things I do believe happened for a reason. Our family.

I met Tom's brothers not long before his Mom passed away. And while I'll never understand why she had do go, I do understand why I am here with them now. Because we were meant to be a family.

My family and Tom's family have become one family. It would be so weird to me,now, not to eat a holiday meal with them. Yet, 5 years ago, if you told me I would be having dinner with my Mom and her Man, My husband Tom, and his brothers....I would have thought you were drinking. Yet today, I can't picture anything different.

I guess that's because things do happen for a reason, sometimes.

(this photo is of my brother in law, Steve and I, on Easter, taken by my Mom)

1 comment:

katesCottage said...

AWESOME, Jenn, how life works like that!! Sometimes, we think we can see where life will take us. Sometimes we have NO CLUE!! And it ends up being so much more surprisingly wonderful!! LOVE your photos! XO!!