Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Another Blog

So, I've started another blog. In addition to this one.

The new blog, http://asecondchanceagain.blogspot.com/ is pretty much about our home. Or how we make it a home, creatively, and with as little dollars as possible. Lots of re-using. Re-doing. And lots of ideas that work and don't work.

We are basically in pre-construction mode. This fall we will be adding a master bedroom(as our bedroom really can't be considered a master). Bumping out our kitchen by 6 feet(and redoing it). And re-siding and re-roofing. We are trying to make our summer bungalo turned all year round home, into a "house".

We love our house. We have spent the past 4 years putting our heart and soul into this little baby. It was a mess when we bought it. Luckily we both had a lot of patience and really strong stomachs. And it's tiny. Only 900 sq feet. Sometimes I think that is part of the charm, but sometimes, it makes me a little crazy. And as much as we love it, we both realize, we need more space.

We thought of selling, put it up on the market, and then took it off the market.

We bought at the wrong time. And were trying to sell at the wrong time. So, we decided that since our hearts were here and we love our town and because it also financially seemed smart, we'd renovate instead. At first, I wasn't thrilled with the idea of construction. I felt like I lived through construction already and was finally getting used to a bit of freedom on our weekends. But, now, I'm totally into it. Actually, I can't wait for it to begin. The more I thought and think about it, the more I know it is the right plan for us.

Rocky Point, our town, is a great little area. We don't live in a cookie cutter area. Almost all the houses were once summer homes. So, they all look different. We love that!

Plus, our taxes are low, and really, really, low if you consider the fact that the LI Sound is at the end of our block. It's a true beach committee.

Tom and I aren't summer beach people but we love it during the spring and fall. And the mindset in our area, is just perfect for us.

So, I'll hope you'll take a look at our blog....and see the story of our home, how it got to wear it is now, and how it will look very soon.

We are both sooooo excited.

No comments: