Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Sunday, October 17, 2010

My New Addiction-Painting Wood



I can't paint enough! I have been having so much fun, painting wood. I redid our medicine cabinet, our bathroom vanity, our bathroom door, bathroom window, etc.. etc...

This were plain candleholders that I repainted in acrylics and milkpaint, and then destressed. I added some flashy beads to give it that elegance/decay sort of feel. These are the colors in my Mom's dining room and were part of her birthday gift, last week. Happy Birthday # 61, Momma!

Next, I'm redoing most of the furniture in our house and some Craigslist finds. I'm excited about the promise of finding new, in old. And I'm learing more about technique and preparation as I go. Just today I told Tom he really should have used primer on something that had spackle(I'm sure he loved that!).

Anyway, be on the look out for some new pieces coming soon~~

No comments: