Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Ever 2010


Normally, New Year's Eve makes me sad. I think about loss and I think about all the coulda, woulda, shoudas. But this year, I don't feel that way. I think it's because I've realized you can turn your coulda, woulda, shouldas to coulda, woulda, will nows.

Nothing is impossible, with hope. If you have hope, you have everything and everything and anything is possible. It might sound corny, but it's true.

I've spent my lifetime worrying. Worrying about the past. The present. The future. What I did wrong. What I couldn't do right. And what I would mess up next. This year, I'm going to try to accept the fact that I'm not perfect. That I'll still make messes. And I'll still screw somethings up. But, this year, I will also remind myself of my good parts. The parts of me that my husband, my mother and my friends love me for. And for all the things that me, Jenn.

Of course, I'll worry. Am I good daughter, sister, wife and friend? Will the bills get paid on time? But, at the same time, I will try to focus more on the good things that happen every day(and something good does happen everyday).

Life is good. Really, really good. And it's hard. Really, really hard. But it's good.

Yes, I coulda, woulda, shoulda...and I will.

1 comment:

Yamino Tenshi said...

You seem to be really fulfilled. I'm really envious. You see this life as "good". wonderful. While i view it the other way around. Someday, i wish, i could think like you. Would you mind to give me some advices next time? well, i'm a teenager with a lot of issues.