Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Jenn Hearts Blue

I love blue. Truly, I do. Blue and I have been in love forever. I can't remember life before my Blue.

My love affair with Blue went to new heights this past fall, when I re did a vintage cabinet of my Nanny's.

Here is the before.



Let me start by saying, the cabinet was beautiful. Wood lovers are probably hating me right now, and I do apologize if you feel that I covered up the beauty of the wood, but I disagree. I think the color blue only enhances the beauty.

My recipe for this redo goes like this;

I sanded.
I painted.
And sanded.
And painted.
Repeated that about 5 times.
And with all different blues.
I even added pigment to some of the paint(blue pigment of course).
And then I took out the sander and distressed. And distressed. And distressed.

I didn't wax this piece because I felt that it wasn't necessary. Not to much handling goes on here.

Anyway, Blue and I, we had a blast. And I couldn't be happier with the time we put into our relationship, with this piece.



We met again, this weekend, Blue and I. I couldn't stay away. And that's when I decided to use the dress I wore for our wedding, to dress it up. Yes, my wedding dress. Nothing in our house is safe.

Oh, the passion! The dress took our relationship to new heights. Do you love it as much as I do? I truly love it. And I really think my Nanny would too. Well, ok, maybe she would think I was crazy to ever take paint to the cabinet.....;)




Oh, Blue. You truly make make my heart soar to places it's never been. Who would have thought that a color that is usually associated with heartbreak, could make my heart so happy?

1 comment:

Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

Absolutely stunning!!! What a gorgeous piece!!