Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Not Just Dream



So, about two months ago, I saw this cabinet on ETSY. It was love at first sight. It was most likely the color that drew me in. And then the distressed, vintage wood, that kept me there.

There was no way I could lay out the money for the cabinet, at all once. So, I contacted the seller, http://www.etsy.com/shop/hammerandhandimports, and asked if they would be willing to do a lay-away plan. And, in the usual, fabulous, Etsy fashion, they did not dissapoint. They said yes!! Chris and Amy are fabulous!!!

So, I've been paying it off, little by little. And, I'm pretty sure, it's the first time I've ever done such thing. It forces you to pay, to get the goods. Not like a credit card, where you get the goods, but then are forced to pay.

I like layaway so much better. It's about discipline, but there is also a happy anticipation.

Well, today I'm making my last payment. And I can't wait to see this gorgeous piece in real life! And to see it in my living room, is even sweeter.

I've learned, it doesn't hurt to ask if layaway is an option. And if it is, it might be a way to buy something "big", but in a smaller way. It allowed me to fall in love, and get the "man". Not just dream about him.

Thank you, Chris and Amy, for a lovely experience!

No comments: