Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Beauty And The Block


I just took Mr. Taco for a walk. Or should I say, a carry. Most of the time I wind up carrying him.

It's a breezy night. The air is crisp, but not cold...and the smell of dinner was in the air. I smelled a bbque. Then Italian food. Ummm. So good.

Then I got a wiff of a wood burning stove.

I started to take a look around my block for things I thought were beautiful.

-I saw a car with windows filled with children-ish clings. So cute.
-I saw a big, bright pink laundry basket, with laundry in it. I hope those people remember it's out there.
-I saw the flicker of a tv set playing a cartoon. Bringing me right back to after school days, with my brother. Watching TV and eating snacks.
-I saw a window with beautiful lace curtains.
-A rock with a shamrock painted on it.
-I saw flower pots made from tires...made me think of my Nanny.

I dream of going to Paris. But I need to sometimes remind myself that right here isn't so bad. I'm sure there are people in Paris who dream of coming to NY.

It's so much better to be happy with what you have, instead of constantly searching for what you think you should have.

Do you look for the beauty on your block?

1 comment:

Rosebud Collection said...

Isn't it funny, when we really look around us, the beauty we find..yet we take so much for granted..
Love your blog.