Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Friday, March 28, 2008

Butterflies


Yeah it's friday!

Friday, friday!

I got out of work a little early today and came home and did some cleaning. So, the house is nice a clean and ready for some grilled cheese making. Yum.

Today, while I was at work, I started getting butterflies in my stomach. Guess why? Because I couldn't wait to get home.

I couldn't wait to get home to my boys and my new jewelry supplies!

I ordered some new supplies and tools. And I am very excited. A local store offered to by some of my pieces but I haven't decided if I want to go that route yet. It might be too stressful. I don't really want to work for anyone as this is something I feel very personal about. I put a lot of time and thought and love into this. I want to sell what I make, but I don't want to be forced to make what sells. I have fun with this...and I want to keep it that way.

I don't know how the jewelry thing began, it just did. And I have to say, it really makes me feel good inside. I can't imagine stopping it. I think about it at night. At work. I talk about it to Tom constantly, luckily he is a musician so he understands why I'm so passionate.

I always had the desire to start beading. Ironically, it was when we were knee deep in work on the house, that I really started. It became my treat, in a way. We worked all weekend long last summer, but on Sunday afternoons, we allowed ourselves time to play. Tom worked on his music and I worked on my jewelry.

We sometimes laugh at how we could stay in the house and never go out all weekend. Neither of us wants to leave. We think of reasons not to go out, instead of reasons to go out.

Sometimes, we will be in two different rooms for hours, but we take turns "peeking" in at each other and offering snacks.

I am grateful for the butterflies associated with my "ordinary" life.

Enjoy your Friday.

No comments: