Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Saturday, March 1, 2008

One Year Without A Microwave...








So, can you believe we lasted one year without a microwave? No microwave popcorn, no microwave burritos. Heck, I really didn't miss it.

We have had the microwave for the past year, but have just gotten around to installing it. Ok, well Tom is installing it. It's a wall unit so it involved new wiring...etc, etc...

I can't wait to see it done!

Poor guy, he painted the kitchen only a year ago, and guess what? Jenn changed her mind.

Thursday night, he painted it robins egg blue. He smiled as he said, I don't know how you talked me into this one.

If I must say so myself, it looks awesome! I love it. It's funky, old fashioned, happy and fun!

Color is amazing. For just a few bucks and a handy boyfriend, you can change your world. I must admit having a handy boyfriend, is pretty awesome. This guy has totally redone this whole house.

He has rewired, taken down walls, put up walls, taken down doors, put up doors...and not once did he lose his patience. Or his gusto. He was grateful every time he got out of a project, with no surprises.

I am grateful. Grateful for his gratefulness.

He loves this little house. I mean really loves this house. It's his baby. He's redone it all by himself. Sure, I supplied the snacks. But, he has really done most of the work. Cosmetically, I have helped. Structurally, I can honestly say, I have done nothing. I owe it all to him.

I know to some, this house would be too small. For others, it would be too old. But to me, I can't imagine a castle any bigger or more modern. For I share it with someone who has taught me to be grateful for what I have now, instead of searching for what I can get next.

Thank you, Thomas.

These are some pictures, that were taken by my eyes today.

No comments: