Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

You Never Know Who You Will Meet


...on a CD soundtrack.

I'll admit it. I'm addicted to soundtracks. Soundtracks that start with no meaning. Soundtracks for movies I have never seen. Never read about. The less I know, the more I want it.

I'll love the concept of not knowing what is on it. And I love the possibility of finding an artist that I did not know existed. Someone unique, interesting, different. I have found most of my favorite artists through a soundtrack.

Last weekend, I found a new favorite. We met on the Feast of Love soundtrack. He is Peter Droge. Now for all I know he might be very popular and maybe I'm the last to know about him. But, I don't care, I found him.

I love his soothing voice and soothing lyrics. This is totally my type of music. I have to have good lyrics. And I have to feel the song. His song on the soundtrack totally drew me in.

Everyone draws there own meaning from lyrics. To me, this song is about escaping through your passion. Be it waves, a drum set, a camera, beads, yarn, or whatever drives you, we can escape for a while.

Often, when I am having a bad day, I think of my beads. I think of beads to buy. New techniques. New ways to incorporate beading into my life. I escape through my beads. My time with my beads and wire, heals me. It keeps me sane. I am safe in my little bead world.

Take at look at the lyrics. Do you have a "wave" you escape into?

Oh, and next time you see a soundtrack, buy it just for the heck of it. You never know who you will meet.

Peter Droge....Under The Waves

Under the waves
Deep in the drift
I can feel the salt upon my skin
Under the waves
Falling away
I no longer see the rings of rain

I want to feel it
If just to know it's true
Love me always
It's just a surface wound
Don't pay to fight it
Can't change the color blue
All I wanted was to impress you

Under the waves
Caught in a dream
Lover, can you hear me breathing?
Under the waves
Now that I'm giving in
I can let the current carry me

I want to feel it
If just to know it's true
Love me always
It's just a surface wound
Don't pay to fight it
Can't change the color blue
All I wanted was to impress you

And if I catch myself crying
For things I cannot control
I'll head on back to the water
Where tears are invisible

Under the waves
I know who I am
I don't need to spin the story
Under the waves
Down in the deep
I no longer see the rings of rain

No comments: