Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Skeleton, I Love You.


So, I went to the dr. I decided I love my skeleton. I don't think we ever think about it, but without those bones, we'd be mush. And then someone could sweep us under the bed and we would be lost forever.

No surgery, he said. Doctors don't like to touch the collar bone because the surgery can cause further damage. It's extremely broken. It will need time to heal. And I will have to face the fact my modeling career is over (ha!). My bone will always be ugly in that area.

Today, I feel tired. Worn down. Old. Yesterday was a hard day for me.

I'm sure today will be better.


KATE NASH LYRICS

"Skeleton Song"

Skeleton you are my friend
But you are made of bone
And you have got no flesh and blood
Running through you to help protect the bone

Skeleton we have been friends for years
And you have seen me through some trials
And tribulations and some tears
But everybody thinks I'm weird
And I should have known
That it wouldn't be long
Until you, you've got me standing in an awkward position
With unwanted attention and a need for explanation
And it's not that I'm letting go of you
But I don't know what to do

Skeleton we are so close
But you have got no body
So why do you insist on wearing clothes
Skeleton when we were young
It was easy
Even though the other kids
They would tease me
But I was only seven I had you
But now I'm twenty-two (35)
And now it's different, when I take you out

And you, you've got me standing in an awkward position
With unwanted attention and a need for explanation
And it's not that I'm letting go of you
But I don't know what to do

'Cause sometimes at night,
I dream of the most terrible things
I take a hammer and I creep out of bed
And I raise it high
And I smash your head
Fibular and tubular
And ribs and cages, too
In fact, while I'm here
I'll smash the whole of you

Smaaaaaaaaaaash !
But Skeleton, you are my friend
And I could never bring your life to an end
Yes Skeleton you are, you are my friend
And I will be there for you until the end
And even though, when I take you out
You've got me, you've got me standing in an awkward position
With unwanted attention and a need for explanation
I could, I could never let you go

And that is all I know
And that is all I know
And that is all I, that is all I know
And that is all I know, know

No comments: