Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Ovary Came In The Mail Today!




Yes, can you believe it? I don't know how Claire did it. It's in perfect shape!

Ok, so it's not my real ovary. But it sure could be. It's sparkly, shiny and happy. Happy to be here. Happy to be healthy. Happy to have survived what my other ovary couldn't, ovarian cancer.

Don't you think it deserves a place on my wall? I mean let's face, it's definetly one of my most prized posessions. It's the only one I got!

I'm sure Claire thought I was a bit nutso when I asked her if she could made me a custom piece, with just one ovary and one fallopian tube. But, she took on odd request and wow! It came out fantastic.

Claire is the owner of xfreshbatteryx.etsy.com. This is where she sells her awesome and unique artwork. She sews organs and planes!

My ovary arrived, beautifully packed and fabulous looking all the way from London. It's stunning. It's gorgeous and I can see the love she put into it. I couldn't be happier.

Check our her shop and to read more about her work take a look Claire's blog.....
http://xfreshbatteryx.livejournal.com.

She took a very odd, personal request and made it special.

Thank you Claire!

1 comment:

claire platt said...

Awwwwwww! I'm so glad it got there okay and that you liked it! It was a pleasure to make it :)