Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Spam!

Ok, so I'll admit it. Last night Tom and I were on Craigslist looking under "missed connections". We were amazed at how many people were on there and were wondering if anyone actually meets. Ok, so I'll admit it, it was me going, Tom...check this out. I wonder if anyone actually meets. He was interested though.

Well, me being me, wrote a post. One that described Tom. As a joke of course. I like playing jokes. We had our laugh and that was the end of it.

Well, not really. Today I get emails because of it.

One truly amazed me.

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html


Hi

I am 23 from Long Island. I am educated, clean, honest and disease free.

You seem to be an interesting person to meet.

There are a lot of men out there who do not treat women well and they are looking for one night stands. You will find another person but there is no guarantee that he will treat you right or be honest with you.

I do not discriminate against age, race, body type and appearance.

Let me know if you are interested.

I am show you my pics on yahoo messenger.

Take care



Since when did "I am educated, clean, honest and disease free" become a pick up line????? Also, please note, nothing about me was anywhere in the post...Can you say, Spammer!?

Ok, well, no more late night Craigslist for us. But, I must admit...I'm still curious...Are there any "missed connection" love stories? I mean, I know it's not probable, but it is possible.

Anyone?



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this message was remailed to you via:

No comments: