Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Kenny Rogers

I know. What an usual post.

On the way in to work this morning, I heard an ad for a Kenny Rogers concert. I started thinking about Kenny...

And then I started thinking about how funny it is that different artists bring us back to different places in our lives.

My mom was a Kenny lover when we were kids. I can hear the songs beaming from our turntable.
Lady........
She believes in me...
Don't fall in love with a dreamer....
You got to know where to hold um...

I could go on.

Isn't it funny how the music and lyrics stay with you...and also bring you back?

I can see our living room. The red couch(eek!). My mom's green velvet bathrobe. Us eating mini Lender's bagels. Playing with Barbie's. Watching my brother play with his He-man figures. It was the 80's. And life was different for a lot of reasons.

Do you have any artists that stick to you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a red couch!!! :)

Dolly Parton is one of those artists for me. We have an audio tape of me belting out 'Working 9 to 5' when I was about three. Imagine that in my thick Southern accent. Interesting, to say the least.