Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Monday, June 22, 2009

A Little Shopping

I went shopping tonite with my Mom and her friend, Kenny. I spent way too much money searching for the miracle product. Searching for something that will take away my freckles, my fine lines and my not so fine lines. I often think that when you enter Ulta, all your reasoning goes out the window. I think the more I spend, the more chance I have of hiding the things I don't like about myself. But, really, I think by spending my money, I'm just stressing myself out more and causing myself to crinkle my face, squint my eyes, therefore making more lines. Geez, it ain't easy being a woman.

And if that's not enough of a guilty pleasure, we stopped at the Cheesecake Factory on the way home. We had a really nice time, chatting and laughing and chewing. I've known Kenny since the 90's, but never really went out with just him and my mom. It was a lot of fun.

It was a really good evening. I am so grateful for all the good evenings I get.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh boy...I have set a rule for myself...Grow Old Gracefully!...because if I didn't set the rule we would go broke on those miracle creams LOL

Sounds like you had a nice time :)