Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

How Can I Feel Old?


Working on a college campus has it's perks.

This morning, I walked across campus, to get a cup of coffee. I saw the start of a new academic year. Lots of chatting, excitement, emotion and energy. Students with dreams. Hopes. Plans.

What will they major in?
Will they meet friends?
Will they find work when they graduate?
Where will they live?
Will they marry?
Will there be children in their future?

There is so much promise in the face of students.

Students of all ages.

Not all of our students are "young". Some have lived through the "college years", but decided to wait on the college part. Or maybe the are now choosing to continue the college part. With determination, strength and hope...they are also starting a new part of their lives.

I can't feel old working here. There is still so much to learn!

No comments: