Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Them....Us


I love to make stuff for our home. It's so comforting and soul satisfying.

Here is something I made with some scrap paper and a picture of my grandparents. It's perfectly, imperfect. Just the way all my art is. Because that is how my life is. And I like that.

I don't remember my grandfather. I was one when he passed away. But from my Mom's description and from photos I've seen, I would bet he was the serious one in the relationship. My Nanny was lighthearted and full of spunk. I'm sure he balanced her out. Kind of like Tom and me.

He's the one that makes sure we pay the mortgage on time. If it were up to me, I'd spend all our money on chocolate and coffee. ;)

I'm the one that spends the weekend dancing around the house in my pajamas. He's the one that reminds to get my butt in the shower, so we can get the Saturday errands done.

It's crazy how life works out sometimes. I used to think my Nanny was so silly, so loud and so quick to speak her mind. And I would think, I'll never be that way. And here I am, at 37, every bit her little clone. Married to a man, that I imagine, was just her type.

I smile when I see this picture. Because when I look at them, I see us.

No comments: