Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Thursday, July 29, 2010

This Picture Makes Me Smile



I wanted a house. I searched the internet day and night to find a place we could call our own. And, in typical Jenn style, I found a little bungalo that needed help. A lot of help. So much help, that when my Mom tells that story of the first night she saw it always ends with her saying, "and I cried the whole way home". It was that bad. I can say that now, looking back. But in 2006, when we bought our house, I was starry eyed and only saw how cute it was. They say love is blind, well I say sometimes so is buying a home.

This was me, the night we closed on the house. We pulled the carpets up to expose the wood flooring underneath. And looking back, I think that is kind of what the house did for my soul. It peeled back the dusty layers of who I was trying to be, and exposed the real me.

A house, is never just a house. It is always, always so much more.

1 comment:

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

would love to see your house now...!