Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Friday, October 8, 2010

Our Match



It's been over 5 years since I winked at the boy. And on Sept 27th, It was 5 years that we are together "seriously". I would describe that time of my life as "dreamy".

Oh, I was such a scared woman. But, I was also so so excited. A second chance at love. A new start. And while my stomach hurt consistently because of nerves, I was loving the butterflies.

Tom was my first date that summer. And while all we shared that night was a cup of coffee, I walked to my car with so much more. I remember thinking to myself, for the first time in a long time, I was going to be happy. Even if that we didn't see each other again, the possibility of a Tom was out there. And for me, that was life changing.

He was different. Mature. Handsome. He had manners. He had style. He looked at my eyes when he spoke. And my face when I spoke. He shut off his cell phone. His eyes were bright and although he was 9 years older than I was, his eyes were much younger. He was funny, but not goofy. He was charming, but he wasn't trying to be. He was confident. He wasn't wishy washy. Or messy. Or confused. He had never be married, and he knew why. He was happy. He made me feel safe. And when he said goodnite, it wasn't awkward. It was just right.

I remember saying to my Mom, if this works out, I think everything else will make sense. And as life sometimes does magic tricks, it did.

In the 5 years we have been together, I've grown quietly. While he's grown loudly. And what I mean by that is, I've found a me on the inside, that I never knew before. And I think he has found a him, on the outside, that he didn't know existed.

I love that we have both grown, but in different ways.

Thank you Match.com, not just for helping me find my Match. But for helping me find a Match, that would find me.

1 comment:

angie on maui said...

I love this post, Jen! Such a sweet little tribute to your perfect match. :)

xo.