Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Our New Cabinet

I adore this cabinet.

I told Tom, it's like reverse inspiration. I no longer want to redo everything in our house anymore. Instead, I want to get rid of everything and buy old stuff(he's not thrilled with that inspiration, I'm sure).

There is nothing like the real thing. I try to get the look of natural age and wear and tear on my pieces, but to be honest, it's just not the same. When I look at this piece, I see the real thing. And while I do like my "redos", I feel as if this is so much more geniune.

But, I feel this way today. Who knows what I'll be feeling when I see another old piece on Craigslist.

PS-Check out my first concrete creation. It's supposed to be a votive holder. I have this itch to create things out of concrete lately. I've been doing lots of research on the stuff and the more I research the more I love the possibility it creates for me. No kiln(like the pottery class I took, and didn't like).


No comments: