Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Quatre-Quarts


Last weekend, while looking at the new book section at the library, I stumbled upon a new French Cookbook by Dorie Greenspan, Around My French Table. Being a lover of anything french, I borrowed it.

Well, let's just say, I'm buying it.

The recipes are not only interesting, but the ingredients are normal. Nothing that you would buy once and never use again. And the steps, are simple. Not scary at all. And, I don't know if it's just because I think French things are beautiful, the food is pretty.

Tonight I made Quatre-Quarts. It's basically a pound cake based on equal measures. I used just 6 ingredients and it too me around 10 minutes to prepare and about 20 minutes to bake.

It's delicious.

It's a little dry, a little sweet(I added brown sugar) but a lot of homemade goodness. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those staple cakes in our home. Tom loves simple food. And this is one of those simple foods that so simple, it seems fancy.

We are going have some now with some green tea.

If you have a library close by, go get this book!!! You may just wind up buying it like me.

No comments: