Songs I'm Liking Right Now

Friday, September 27, 2013

A Journey

Life is a journey filled with unexpected suprises.  Some good.  Some not so good.  Some great. Some not great all.  But I think somewhere in between there is a beautiful balance.

About two weeks ago,  I decided to accept one of the not so goods in my life.  I will not be a mom.  Call it fate, call it life,  call it whatever,  at the end of the day,  it is sad for me.

But,  while it is sad,  I am not a sad person.  It is just a sad part of my life.  I do not walk around angry or upset or feel pity for myself.  I have much to be grateful for.  But sometimes,  I think about and silently mourn, or not so silenty mourn that part of me that will never be.  And that is where I was two Wednesdays ago, when I found Rudy.

Rudy was a kitten living in my neighbors backyard.  Rudy has changed my life.

I acted on impulse that day, which I never do.  I saw him.  I fell in love with him.  I picked him up and brought him home.  I was his.  He was mine. And with each day I fall more in love with the little creature that found me.

I bought a bottle. I fed him. I am his Mom.  He is my kid. And I cannot express in words what this little man means to me.  I feel like the stork came and left me my own very special blessing.  And at a time in my life where I was feeling a bit no so great,  a wonderful unexpected suprise entered my life.

And with that, I found that beautiful balance.










No comments: